celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Board report
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 08:40:36 GMT
Hi,

Maybe also mentioned that there was a talk about Apache Celix @ FOSDEM 2015.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 4:20 PM, Erik Jansman <Erik@jansman.eu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Maybe add the creation of the gettingstarted guide on the website at
> http://celix.apache.org/documentation/getting_started.html which will
> help new users.
>
> Not sure if it should be here but I'll ask it anyway, what is the next
> big development goal?

Well big goal ... In my opinion removing APR and stabilizing is the next goal.

After that or probably parallel I expect some commits on remote
services (IDL, code generation new protocol/serialization). Not sure
if this is mentioned before, but these coming changes are done under
the INAETICS research program [1][2]. When the time is right I will
post some more info / start a discussion.

[1] www.inaetics.org
[2] https://github.com/INAETICS

> Regards,
>
> Erik
>
> On 04-02-15 10:08, Alexander Broekhuis wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As you may have seen in Erik's message, we missed the deadline for
>> last month's report. So we have to file it now. It has to be sent
>> before the 11th.
>>
>> Does anyone have some input for the report?
>>
>> ---- Celix is an OSGi like implementation in C with a distinct
>> focus on interoperability between Java and C.
>>
>> Activity In the last months there has been a lot of activity,
>> issues have been filed and resolved. Also we are working on
>> removing the usage of APR. Issues with the website have been
>> fixed.
>>
>> Statistics: * Last committer added: 2014-03-04 * Last PMC member
>> added: 2014-07-17
>>
>> * Mailing list activity in october - january: 93 messages on dev *
>> Commits since october: 193 commits * Last release: 2014-02-24:
>> Apache Celix 1.0.0 release ------

Greetings,
Pepijn