celix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: celix_log as log_service-tracker?
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 05:59:52 GMT
Hello Bjoern,

Disclaimer: I did not look at the current codebase, but from your mail a assume that the framework
currently logs to some internal log component (that maybe writes to stdout or a log file)
and you are asking if it is a good idea to redirect log information to the actual log service
if it is available instead? If that is the question, then yes is the answer, IMHO. :)

Greetings, Marcel

On 09 Sep 2014, at 22:46 pm, Bjoern Petri <bjoern.petri@sundevil.de> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> After replacing a bunch of printf's through fw_log calls and integrating the log_writer_syslog
bundle, I was wondering why the fw_log isn't actually a serviceTracker to also use the log_service
(when available). Is there any reason for that? Wouldn't that make sense?