celix-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Koppenaal <ben.koppen...@gmail.com>
Subject Implementing security features in Celix
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 13:53:58 GMT
Hey everyone,

I'm currently working on implementing a proof of concept concerning signed
bundles in Celix. It is currently implemented as a bundle, but
security-wise a bundle is not the best solution considering a malicious
bundle can be inserted prior to a security bundle. I'm therefore curious if
anyone has any thoughts on the following questions:

What is the best way to implement security features (e.g. signed bundles)
into Celix?
- include it as a linked library?
- put it directly into the framework?
- or create a security bundle, but make sure it loads first?

Concerning activation and configuration:
- include a configuration option to (de)activate the requirement of signed
bundles?
- choose whether or not signed bundles are required prior to compilation,
such that it becomes an always on/off feature?

Personally I'm leaning towards including it as a linked library and
configuring the feature(s) during compilation. But I'm curious if some of
you have a specific opinion on this and what that opinion is.

Regards,
Ben.