celix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Introducing myself
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 11:44:28 GMT
Hello Erik,

On Apr 4, 2013, at 13:30 , <erik@jansman.eu> wrote:

> Last week I subscribed to the mailing list and I think it's appropriate to
> introduce myself. My name is Erik Jansman, I'm a Dutch student currently
> doing an internship @ Thales Hengelo where Pepijn Noltes is supervising
> me. When I'm not working I like to spend my time reading thrillers,
> enjoying a good whisk(e)y or spending time with friends and family.

Welcome!

<off-topic>
As a whiskey enthusiast, surely you know the great reviews by Ralfy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns0nQgc_29w
</off-topic>

> The first years of my programming career as a student I have spend on
> web-development, Java programming and the last two years I have started to
> move into the embedded software.

Great!

> For my internship assignment I'm working on Remote service. This is where
> I learned about OSGi and Apache Celix. At the moment I'm researching the
> possible ways of doing the transport for remote services in Celix. On of
> the possibility's is using ZeroMQ or another Message queue system. As soon
> as one a way of communicating is selected I will start implementing that
> system.

I'm assuming at some point you want to donate this implementation to Celix (since you're posting
here)? If that is the case, I'm sure we all would be interested in receiving regular updates
on the project and/or a pointer to some repository you use during development. As a side-note:
please in your research also take into account licensing of such implementations so you don't
end up picking one with an incompatible license. [1] When in doubt, ask! :)

Greetings, Marcel

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html