celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: celix example under windows
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 08:25:14 GMT
Hi,

2013/2/1 Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl>

> Would it make sense to do a new release?

I would like to say yes, but there are still some problems running on
windows. I would like to do some more testing etc. Having a release
specifically for windows which doesn't work isn't a good idea imho.

I find it quite tricky, and am not sure what is the best way to go.. Not
having a release which supports windows might scare off users, but having a
release which compiles, but doesn't run could as well scare new users off.

I do hope Lionel gets it working, and we can fix the problems he finds. If
all seems to be pretty good, I am in favor of a new release.

On a side note, there aren't many tests in Celix. This makes it difficult
to check if all works on Windows. I am working on unit tests for the
framework, but having integration tests might be even more important.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis