celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: celix example under windows
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 09:01:48 GMT
2013/2/4 Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl>

> Hello Alexander,
>
> > I do hope Lionel gets it working, and we can fix the problems he finds.
> If
> > all seems to be pretty good, I am in favor of a new release.
>
> Agreed, I was initially under impression that you already had the trunk
> working on Windows, but I agree that it makes sense to hold off a release
> until we do.

I have it working, but there are some issues with shutting down a running
framework. Also, seeing the problems Lionel has, it might as well be a case
of "it works on my machine". So some more testing would be a pre.

> So, as a "mini roadmap" we probably agree that it makes sense to work
> towards a next release that "works on Windows".

I agree.

> > On a side note, there aren't many tests in Celix. This makes it difficult
> > to check if all works on Windows. I am working on unit tests for the
> > framework, but having integration tests might be even more important.
>
> I agree, and maybe it also makes sense to try and setup some continuous
> build on Jenkins. I have no clue if Jenkins supports C projects, or how
> other C/C++ projects at Apache approach this, but that might be worth
> inquiring about.

I have done some work on setting up Celix on the Apache build server. This
has never been fully completed. I'll look it up and see if we can get it
working.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis