celix-dev mailing list archives

From "Lionel BELLER" <lionel.bel...@sogeti.com>
Subject RE: celix example under windows
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 16:56:45 GMT
Hi,
Sorry I'm very busy at the moment.
Which script changes the directory? Personally, I had to do it myself.
Would it be possible to add all the needed libraries and headers (those from
visual studio, which might be different from one version to another), to the
trunk to minimize the possible differences, and really quick to deploy.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Alexander Broekhuis [mailto:a.broekhuis@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mardi 5 février 2013 18:01
À : celix-dev@incubator.apache.org
Objet : Re: celix example under windows

Hi,

2013/2/5 Lionel BELLER <lionel.beller@sogeti.com>

> Yes, I did use CMake to generate the visual studio environment.
> I modified the working directory in CMake.

At this moment there is no need to change directories in CMake. The script
take care of all.

> My apology, I forgot to set the working directory for the debug.
> But I have still the error message "Failed to open revision file at:
> .cache/bundle1/version0.0/revision.location"
> which leads to the VS crash when calling the
> bundleContext_installBundle function.

I can't reproduce this... :S. Can you give me a stacktrace of the problem if
you get anything during debugging?

But to make things easier, I committed some changes today. These changes
take care of the VS project user files. But the files I generate are for
VS2012, and probably don't work for you.
But if you can give me an example of a .vcproj.user file, I can update the
script to generate those. VS takes care of migrating to the newer format.

With these files it is possible to set a startup project in VS and then
debug that project. For Celix the deploy_* projects are relevant. Eg to test
the hello world deployment, set deploy_hello_world as startup project and
then simply run/debug it. For me this works without having to change
anything in the generated VS files.

Anyhow, can you retry the entire build with a clean start without changing
paths in the CMake files? Disabling subdirectories (like the examples/gtk
parts) is no problem.

My structure looks like this:

- celix (this is trunk checked out, the source directory in the cmake gui)
- celix-build (in here all generated files are located, the binary directory
in the cmake gui)

This makes it easy to delete a build tree without having any files messing
up the sources/cmake files etc.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis