celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preparing code base for a release
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 12:45:00 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekhuis@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Maybe not mentioned explicitly before, but I think it makes sense to do
> only a source release of Celix.

I agree.

> Things I have done:
> > * Update all headers (license and source headers) to the correct format.
> >   This includes replacing all personal names with a reference to the
> Celix
> > Project Team.
> > * Removed the Eclipse files (project and launch files.
> >   These files are not portable enough to be added to the repo.
> >   I've tested the CMake project file generation, this works but.. see
> some
> > remarks in a previous email.
> > * Created the LICENSE file
> >   This needs some extra checking. As far as I can tell I have added all
> > license for specific files we use in the codebase.

I double checked this and I think you got all the licenses.

> > * Created the KEYS file
> >   For signing the release a key is needed, I created one for myself and
> > added it to the KEYS file.
> >

> Update:
> * Added the DISCLAIMER file
> * Added the NOTICE file
> * Updated BUILDING
>
> As far as I can tell the repository now contains all required files. Can
> anyone check this?
>
> A question concerning encryption:
> The zip files used support decryption, the header mentions:
>
>   The encryption/decryption parts of this source code (as opposed to the
>
>   non-echoing password parts) were originally written in Europe.  The
>
>   whole source package can be freely distributed, including from the USA.
>
>   (Prior to January 2000, re-export from the US was a violation of US law.)
>
> Does Celix need to make an additional notice somewhere about this?
>

> Is there anything else missing? Or should I go on and create a RC tag and
> release file?

I did find a small issue. The file celix/framework/private/src/unzip.c
contains the text "For more info read MiniZip_info.txt", but this file is
not present in the source tree. Should we add it ?.

Expect for the small issue mentioned above I could not find anything
missing and therefore IMO Celix is ready for a RC tag.

Greetings,
Pepijn