celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Celix 0.0.1 release and Native-OSGI
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 08:56:09 GMT
Hi all,

Some update on the progress towards a first release

* API code style

No extensive work has been done on this one. I think we should consider to
not do this for the first release. Or perhaps for only the framework
itself. What do you guys think?

> * Remote Import/ExportService header and disable the resolver
>   Currently the resolver isn't needed at all, but is still "semi"-used.
> This can be disabled (for now at least).

Not yet done.

> * Make build more modular
>   As discussed on [1].

This is partially done, at least for a first release this is enough I guess.

> * Small updates to CMake files
>   Currently several libraries are used directly, ie not via a
> Find{LibName}. For these libraries a Find{LibName} module has to be written.
>   Libraries that I know of; OpenSLP and Jansson

Still should be done. With the better build system, and the information now
on the website, it is much clearer what subprojects have what dependencies.
Fixing the Find modules is needed to get thinks working correctly.
Especially if some library is missing.

Do any of you see other blocking items for a first release? If not, this is
a fairly limited list of items we need to do. Some help with this would be
really great!

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis