celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Board report
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 06:53:55 GMT
Thanks for the feedback!

>> Having a release makes it easier for people to use and improve Celix. This
>> is one step towards more committers.
>>

> I think that even some kind of snapshot (even source only) with a
> documented feature set would help a lot. Of course, a "release" would be
> even better, but a tested snapshot would probably make some people more
> comfortable when trying Celix.

Makes sense, I have added an extra line to the graduation plan.

> Maybe not that important for the graduation plan, but I missed an official
> list of supported platforms. That made it hard for me to judge up front if
> Celix would run on my platform (Linux, Windows, Mac, etc.) or if it is even
> being considered as a target platform.

I think this is something we should document on the website. For now the
focus is mostly on Linux and Mac. Windows is a potential target, and some
effort has been put into native windows support, but this isn't finished.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis