celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Device Access donation
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 08:40:07 GMT
Hi,

I'll try to answer what I think/know..

2012/1/26 Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnoltes@gmail.com>

> 1 Sign and send a Individual Contributor License Agreement (ICLA)
> 2 Sign and send a Corporate CLA (CCLA)

If I am correct these are only needed in the case you become a committer.
As you have indicated that you want to maintain the code, I think this is a
good idea. On [1] the process is described. This requires some action on or
end, we should start the formal discuss and vote if I understand it
correctly.

[1]: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#Voting+in+a+new+committer

> 3 Get approval for device access of one of the PMCs

I am not sure of this step.. Are binding votes needed, and if so how many?
I think Marcel (or another mentor) can better answer this. I couldn't find
a direct resource describing this process.

> 4 Sign and send a Software Grant Agreement for the device access (SGA)

This one has to be filled in and send to Apache to be able to accept the
code.

> My idea was to create a Jira issue and attach a patch to that, but I
> am not sure if we need to sign a agreement before we can do that.

 As far as I can tell this is ok. Though I think it should be the sources
as is, and not a patch. If there are any patches to the original Celix code
I think it is better to send those as individual issues. This keeps
licensing and IP issues obvious and separated from the current Celix
source.

I hope this helps, and a mentor can fill in the gaps!

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis