celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Poddling status
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 09:09:24 GMT
Hi,

> > You got my attention already :-) I don't know if that is feasible, but
> > having something like a one-day brainstorming meeting in real life would
> > definitely get things rolling much faster. The main developers of the
> listed
> > C++ OSGi projects are all living in Germany and the Netherlands are not
> so
> > far away. If people are interested, maybe there is an opportunity to
> meet...
>
> Good idea. I also think it would be wise not to wait to long with
> this, so maybe its possible to arrange something the first half year
> of 2012 ?

I agree, lets try to plan something for this. Any ideas on location/date?
We should probably start by contacting maintainers of the other frameworks.

> Maybe a step to far, but isn't a idea - instead of just adding a C++
> wrapper - to develop Celix as a SOA framework where C and C++
> services/bundles can be transparently combined? In other words
> services - written in C or C++ - should always expose a C and C++
> interface. This way Celix could be an interesting framework for
> projects which want combine C and C++ without resolving to extern "C"
> constructs.

I don't think this idea is a step to far, being able to mix c and c++
services/bundles (ie one common service type/description) would be a big
plus!

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis