celix-dev mailing list archives

From MULDER Frank Willem <frank.mul...@nl.thalesgroup.com>
Subject RE: GTK usage & MacOS & cmake
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 07:40:37 GMT
Hello,

	The Paint-Example is now indeed available in SVN and works fine.
	Interesting to know is that now the paint example is deployed in the following directory:

		celix/build/example/deploy/chapter04-paint-example

	Also I created two issues (CELIX-21 and CELIX-22) for some improvements of the paint example.

Thanks: Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Broekhuis [mailto:a.broekhuis@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 13 October, 2011 09:54
To: celix-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: GTK usage & MacOS & cmake

Hi Frank,

2011/10/13 MULDER Frank Willem <frank.mulder@nl.thalesgroup.com>

> Hello,
>
>          In a message of 29 august 2011 to the Celix developer mailing
> list, I described a cmake problem under MacOS X.

At first I couldn't find the original message, but it was mailed on the 9th of September ;).

> It concerned the linking phase of a Celix/GTK application by cmake.
> I recently heard that this problem was solved by a Celix developer.
>
> If this problem has been solved, can there be a follow-up of the mail
> of 29 august 2011 in which the solution is explained?

To answer your question, there where some errors in your cmake file related to the GTK variables.

You used <xx>_LINK_DIRS while the CMake FindPkgConfig file clearly states that <xx>_LIBRARY_DIRS
must be used for the link directories.

After this change the code compiles. During runtime there was an uninitialized pointer somewhere
which has to be set to NULL. I can't recall where this was, but this can easily be found when
running/debugging the application.

As a final remark, the example code has been checked in into SVN. You can use the celix-commits
mailing list to follow what is happening in SVN. The code in SVN should work on a Mac for
sure, Linux is tested less frequently.
Feel free to follow the changes and test what is going on.

It has been a while since I checked this code in, so if I forgot something and these hints
aren't enough, you can compare your original code with the code from SVN.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis

Disclaimer:

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender and delete it.

Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of this email or its attachment(s) is
forbidden.
Thales Nederland BV will not accept liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachment(s).

Thales Nederland BV is seated in Hengelo and is registered at the Chamber of Commerce under
number 06061578.