celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: some remarks and questions
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 15:16:17 GMT
Hi

       I'm using the function bundle_getEntry(..) to read a resource file
> within the bundle. However I need to know the number of bytes read in the
> function. Is this lacking in the API, or can I find this information
> elsewhere?

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding about what this method does, the
bundle_getEntry return a path to the actual entry. Opening and reading the
file is up to the user (you). The entry pointer provides a regular (0
terminated) string with the location of the entry in the bundle cache.

So Celix doesn't read anything, and can't tell you the number of bytes read.

Does this answer your question?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis