celix-dev mailing list archives

From Jasper Gielen <jasper.gie...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Celix technical documentation
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 13:50:38 GMT
Hi Celix team,

I am interested in reading design concepts regarding the implementation of
Apache Celix. I would like to understand how certain technical aspects have
been implemented. Of course, functional aspects can be found within the OSGi
R4.x specification, but I am missing in-depth information:

1. How has memory and threading management been arranged? Note this is not
only important for the Celix developers, but also for the actual users
developing software running Celix.
2. Which functional limitations are foreseen? Are there any noticeable
differences between Celix and the original OSGi specification?
3. Some description about the contents of the downloaded sources and
binaries. For example, it is unclear which directories belong to the Celix
implementation (besides /framework) and which directories belong to examples
(besides the /hello_world directory). When the implementation grows it will
be harder to find something within the set of files.

Is it planned to add such documentation in the near future?

Thanks,
Jasper