cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Using Cayenne with unsupported relational databases
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2020 11:56:38 GMT
(the original message came through moderation, so I am cc'ying to the author)

Looks like there is a JDBC driver for Altibase:

http://kr.altibase.com/tech-doc/java-developers-guide-2/ <http://kr.altibase.com/tech-doc/java-developers-guide-2/>

So if you are lucky things may just work with Cayenne generic adapter out of the box. On other
DBs most DB-specific aspects are related to manipulating table schema from Cayenne (which
you don't have to do). If you work with an existing schema, default SQL generated by the framework
usually works.

E.g. I am running Cayenne apps against Hana DB, for which we don't have an adapter. And it
works. The only issue that we found there was caused by a driver bug (so I still maintain
a private adapter for Hana until that is fixed).

But YMMV of course. Like Mike said, just try it, and if things don't work, come to the mailing
list for help.

Andrus