cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Best Practice for blobs
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2019 06:05:06 GMT
I wanted to have attributes that can be tagged as "lazily-loaded" like relationships, but that's
not a feature yet. So what Ari said is the easiest solution.

Another idea is to map the column as "java.sql.Blob", which is normally just a data locator
that can stream data on demand. Though I suspect you will need to wrap both SELECT, and your
Blob streaming code in the same transaction. Also the behavior of this will likely vary between
DB engines.

Disclaimer: I never tried it myself.

Andrus