cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Rafael Bugajewski <raf...@juicycocktail.com>
Subject Connection over SSH tunnel without password not working
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2019 20:17:15 GMT
Hello,

I recently upgraded to Cayenne 4.1.B2 and I have the strange issue that my cayenne-project.xml
isn’t working anymore. In my development environment I create a SSH tunnel to a machine
inside the intranet. JDBC is configured to connect to localhost. The relevant parts from cayenne-project.xml
in the JAR look like this:

<data-source>
   <driver value="org.postgresql.Driver"/>
   <url value="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/www2"/>
   <connectionPool min="1" max="1"/>
   <login userName="www2"/>
</data-source>

This used to work without issues. The strange thing is that exactly the same connection still
works in the Cayenne Modeler, and it also works in my IDE (IntelliJ).

A workaround for me was to add a password and configure it in Cayenne. But I’m wondering
why the configuration suddenly stopped working and why it still works in Cayenne Modeler /
IntelliJ. Any ideas?

Best,
Rafael