cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tony Giaccone <t...@giaccone.org>
Subject Generation of primary keys
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2018 21:38:34 GMT
I understand that the kind of PK support that Cayenne uses depends on the
adaptor you use. When you use:

org.apache.cayenne.dba.postgres.PostgresAdapter

you get sequences, not the pk_auto table.

I see where you can pick the adaptor as part of a database schema
generation. What's less clear to me, is what adaptor is used if cayenne
detects that a schema needs to be generated.  Or more generally what causes
a dba adaptor to end up in the stack.

Is there some kind of database detection that determines which adaptor get
used?

I didn't think we were explicitly setting it to PostgresAdapter, and yet we
still ended up with sequences. Of course it's possible that someone on the
team did, so I don't want to rule that out as a possibility, but it occurs
to me that there might be some kind of detection especially in cases where
the schema is being generated "automatically".

Tony Giaccone