cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Maik Musall <>
Subject Re: How to call a procedure as part of commitChanges ?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2018 15:46:16 GMT
Hi Juan,

couldn't you do this more easily and reliably with a db trigger?

> Am 06.03.2018 um 16:11 schrieb Juan Manuel Diaz Lara <>:
> Is there any way to call a stored procedure as part of commitChanges ?
> I would like to call a stored procedure after flushing my persistent objects but before
the real db commit, for instance, to make some process on the db as part of committing my
objects, but transactionally.
> performInTransaction(..) {     commitChanges(); //Only flush to db, no commit, no in
memory accounting of commit (no modifications to persitenctState)
>; //Call a SP, save db transaction, can post-process data,
and if it throws exception we can rollback db and persistentState stays the same before commitChanges
> }
> I am now om 4.0.M5.
> In a previous version (I do not remember which), I made some hack to replace DataDomain
and other classes to allow to differ the in memory accounting of persistent objects until
the db commit is done and allow call a SP after commitChanges() in the same db commit, I made
a module to install my hacks, but it is not working now on M5, maybe new rules to replace
cayenne services:
> public class ServerModuleWithPostCommitActions implements org.apache.cayenne.di.Module
>     @Override
>     public void configure(Binder binder) {
>         binder.bindList(Constants.SERVER_DOMAIN_FILTERS_LIST).add(PCATransactionFilter.class);
>         binder.bind(TransactionFactory.class).to(TransactionWithPostCommitActionsFactory.class);
>         binder.bind(DataDomain.class).toProvider(PCADataDomainProvider.class);
>         binder.bind(ObjectContextFactory.class).to(PCADataContextFactory.class);
>     }
> }
> This worked, but it was not a clear solution. specifically PCADataDomainProviderPCA is
never called.
> Thanks.
> Atte. Juan Manuel Díaz Lara

View raw message