cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Maik Musall <m...@selbstdenker.ag>
Subject Re: About Improved Transaction API on 4.0
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2018 16:07:00 GMT
First an additional answer: you can return whatever you want. That will then become the return
value of the performInTransaction() call.

But I have a related question. How is an explicit rollback supposed to work there? If I halfway
through decide to roll back the entire transaction, after a few commitChanges() already have
happened, how do I do that?

I tried

	context.rollbackChangesLocally();
	BaseTransaction.getThreadTransaction().rollback();

but then I get

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Transaction must have ‘STATUS_ACTIVE’ to be committed.
Current status: STATUS_ROLLEDBACK

What seems to work is throwing a CayenneRuntimeException, but that will get rethrown after
the rollback, so I would have to catch that again outside the performInTransaction() call,
which doesn't feel how it's supposed to work.

Maik