cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Ken Anderson <ken.ander...@amphorainc.com>
Subject Re: Modeler no longer running on Mac
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2017 15:16:32 GMT
Yup!  Thanks Andrus!

On 12/27/17, 10:15 AM, "Andrus Adamchik" <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

    Did you install Java 9 by any chance? I had to struggle with it a few months ago quite
a bit. Resetting JAVA_HOME with "/usr/libexec/java_home" was not helping. The launcher inside
.app was still using the system JRE. Here is how to fix it though:

    https://twitter.com/andrus_a/status/911565910003068928

    HTH,
    Andrus

    > On Dec 27, 2017, at 3:31 PM, Ken Anderson <ken.anderson@amphorainc.com> wrote:
    >
    > When I try and run the latest 4.0 modeler, it crashes immediately.  When I run from
the command line, I get this:

    > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/apple/eawt/AboutHandler
    >                at java.base/java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
    >                at java.base/java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown
Source)
    >                at java.base/java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
    >                at org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.ConstructorInjectingProvider.initConstructor(ConstructorInjectingProvider.java:57)
    >                at org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.ConstructorInjectingProvider.<init>(ConstructorInjectingProvider.java:42)
    >                at org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.DefaultBindingBuilder.to(DefaultBindingBuilder.java:44)
    >                at org.apache.cayenne.modeler.osx.OSXCayenneModelerModule.configure(OSXCayenneModelerModule.java:29)
    >                at org.apache.cayenne.di.spi.DefaultInjector.<init>(DefaultInjector.java:68)
    >                at org.apache.cayenne.di.DIBootstrap.createInjector(DIBootstrap.java:38)
    >                at org.apache.cayenne.di.DIBootstrap.createInjector(DIBootstrap.java:46)
    >                at org.apache.cayenne.modeler.Main.launch(Main.java:71)
    >                at org.apache.cayenne.modeler.osx.OSXMain.main(OSXMain.java:37)
    > Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.apple.eawt.AboutHandler
    >                at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown
Source)
    >                at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown
Source)
    >                at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    >                ... 12 more
    >

    > Any idea what’s going on?  I’ve added a few more JDK’s, but no matter how I
switch them around with /usr/libexec/java_home, it still fails in the same way.

    > Thanks,
    > Ken
    > Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and accompanying documents contain confidential
information intended for a specific individual and purpose. This e-mailed information is private
and protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, or distribution, or the taking of any action based on the contents
of this information, is strictly prohibited.