cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: ILIKE vs. upper/lower with PostgreSQL
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2017 16:08:21 GMT

> On Dec 15, 2017, at 11:00 AM, Musall, Maik <maik@selbstdenker.ag> wrote:
>
> ILIKE is certainly useful for full text searches with CLOB/TEXT values and in combination
with GiST/GIN indexes, but IMHO not for regular case-insensitive
> queries using b-tree indexes. So I'm not sure that PostgresQualifierTranslator does the
right thing here.

> How is everyone else indexing varchar columns for case-insensitive queries on PostgreSQL?

I'd be interested to hear from others as well. PostgreSQL docs simply say "The key word ILIKE
can be used instead of LIKE to make the match case-insensitive according to the active locale."
There is not a slightest hint at performance degradation and not using indexes.

Andrus