cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Nikita Timofeev <ntimof...@objectstyle.com>
Subject Re: Generating a matchExpression from Property<List<...>>
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2017 11:08:00 GMT
Hi

No there isn't any shortcut for now, use
ExpressionFactory.matchExpression( String, Object ), or you can try
generic erasure tricks, but that's ugly.
I've created issue for that case sometime ago [1] but not sure how to
deal with it.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-2332

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
> Hi all,
> is there a shortcut method from Property to check for if a to-many relationship contains
an object? Or should I just use ExpressionFactory.matchExpression( String, Object ) for now?

> I'm upgrading my templates to use field based data objects, but the new templates use
Property<List<E>> for to-many relationships whereas my old templates just used
Property<E>. The new signature makes sense, but it also means that I can no longer use
Property.eq( E ) for this.

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev