cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Re: Exception when adding a new object to two different relationships
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2017 14:30:28 GMT
Hi Amadeo,
thanks for the pointer. No, the reverse relationship doesn't matter (and removing it doesn't
help). I have now removed it in the github repo.

And this is reproducible in different projects, I just created this smalll project to serve
as an isolated runnable example.

- hugi

> On 8 Sep 2017, at 14:20, Amedeo Mantica <amedeomantica@me.com> wrote:
>
> I see an untitledRel in the Model, it looks like to be a stub inverse relationship...
have you tried to remove it ?

> Amedeo
>
>> On 8 Sep 2017, at 14:05, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> I'm encountering what I believe to be a bug, that someone more familiar with Cayenne's
internals than me might want to take a look at :)

>> In short: If I create a new DataObject, add it to two different relationships on
another object and then attempt to commit the whole thing—it fails.

>> Consider the following code:
>>
>> ObjectContext oc = createContext();
>> Person person = oc.newObject( Person.class );
>> Address address = oc.newObject( Address.class );
>> person.addToAddresses( address );
>> person.setLatestAddress( address );
>>
>> oc.commitChanges();
>>
>> This will result in the following exception:
>>
>> Exception in thread "main" org.apache.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException: [v.4.1.M1-SNAPSHOT
Aug 31 2017 12:03:09] Can't extract a master key. Missing key (id), master ID (<ObjectId:Person,
TEMP:00000058A5520119>)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainSyncBucket$PropagatedValueFactory.get(DataDomainSyncBucket.java:290)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.query.BatchQueryRow.getValue(BatchQueryRow.java:64)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.query.InsertBatchQuery$1.getValue(InsertBatchQuery.java:63)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.access.translator.batch.InsertBatchTranslator.doUpdateBindings(InsertBatchTranslator.java:121)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.access.translator.batch.DefaultBatchTranslator.updateBindings(DefaultBatchTranslator.java:78)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.access.jdbc.BatchAction.runAsIndividualQueries(BatchAction.java:163)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.access.jdbc.BatchAction.performAction(BatchAction.java:87)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataNodeQueryAction.runQuery(DataNodeQueryAction.java:97)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataNode.performQueries(DataNode.java:293)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainFlushAction.runQueries(DataDomainFlushAction.java:233)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainFlushAction.flush(DataDomainFlushAction.java:153)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onSyncFlush(DataDomain.java:633)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onSyncNoFilters(DataDomain.java:603)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain$DataDomainSyncFilterChain.onSync(DataDomain.java:764)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.tx.TransactionFilter$1.perform(TransactionFilter.java:73)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.tx.TransactionFilter$1.perform(TransactionFilter.java:70)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.tx.DefaultTransactionManager.performInTransaction(DefaultTransactionManager.java:87)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.tx.DefaultTransactionManager.performInLocalTransaction(DefaultTransactionManager.java:59)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.tx.DefaultTransactionManager.performInTransaction(DefaultTransactionManager.java:52)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.tx.DefaultTransactionManager.performInTransaction(DefaultTransactionManager.java:40)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.tx.TransactionFilter.onSync(TransactionFilter.java:70)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain$DataDomainSyncFilterChain.onSync(DataDomain.java:764)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onSync(DataDomain.java:590)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.flushToParent(DataContext.java:742)
>> 	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.commitChanges(DataContext.java:691)
>> 	at pktest.Main.main(Main.java:28)
>>

>> If someone would like to have a look, I've created a project that replicates the
problem—just build it and run pktest.Main