cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Lon Varscsak <lon.varsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Order of insert/update/delete operations
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 22:37:45 GMT
Hey guys, so Cayenne does db operations in insert/update/delete order…which
makes sense in most cases.  But in Sybase I don’t have deferred constraints
(it’s not an option) and if I delete an object and then recreate it will
the same primary key I end up with a database error because it tries to
insert a duplicate row into the database.

Originally I had changed the order of operations in my fork to
update/delete/Insert which solves this problems and works in all cases
(that I use) except for one.  That’s where you need to insert a row to get
it’s id (identity) which would then be used in an update operation for a FK.

It’s possible I’m the only one that uses Sybase, but just looking for some
thoughts on how I could go about solving this.  I can’t think of a
straightforward case.

Thanks,

Lon