cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Need a push in the right direction (parent-child object context and disappearing relationship)
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2017 17:08:36 GMT
Unfortunately the mailing list strips attachments. Could you post the image elsewhere, like
GoogleDrive or Dropbox?

Andrus

> On Jul 13, 2017, at 8:51 PM, Lon Varscsak <lon.varscsak@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I found the line that’s nulling it out…I just don’t understand at this deep level
what’s going on.  Here’s the strack trace:

> On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Lon Varscsak <lon.varscsak@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an object (that’s new) in ObjectContextA that has a relationship to another
new object (same OC) which also has a reverse relationship.  I then create a child of that
OC (ObjectContactB) and grab a local version of the first object.  At that time, the relationship
object (and it’s reverse) is there and all is good in the world.

> The moment I touch the object (setting a simple property with writeProperty) in the relationship
the reverse relationship gets nulled out.  Any thoughts as to why this might happen?