cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <blackn...@gmail.com>
Subject Cayenne Modeler Inheritance Warning
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2017 15:30:57 GMT
In converting an application from 3.0 to 3.1, have a validation warning in
CM regarding a "Facility" abstract superclass which defines an "exhibit"
relationship which is used by the subclasses.  The warning is:

Usage of super entity's relationships 'Facility.exhibit' as reversed
relationships for sub entity is discouraged

The concrete subclasses have qualifiers similar to:

exhibit.itemExhibit.code = "foo"

They all utilize the "exhibit" relationship defined in the superclass to
identify the correct subclass.  Why is inheriting and using an abstract
superclass relationship a warning and discouraged, but inheriting and using
the abstract superclass attributes are OK and no warning?  I could, of
course, re-define these relationships in each subclass, but I'm wondering
why this warning is in place and if I'm overlooking something.

Thanks,

mrg