cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Nikita Timofeev <ntimof...@objectstyle.com>
Subject Re: ColumnSelect and java.time (Java 8)
Date Wed, 24 May 2017 14:52:46 GMT
Hi Hugi,

Seems like custom types are broken in ColumnSelect, I see this bug in
my test too.

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 5:34 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
> I'm using today's version of 4.0.M6-SNAPSHOT. Always living on the edge :)
>
> - hugi
>

>> On 24 May 2017, at 14:31, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>
>> Or .. if you already have cayenne-java8 in your app, and the problem is specific
to just the column select query, you may also need to switch to M6. IIRC there were some issues
in M5 with the behavior that you describe.

>> Andrus
>>
>>> On May 24, 2017, at 5:28 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> You need to add cayenne-java8 dependency.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately the fallback behavior (treat unknown class as Serializable) is
extremely confusing. Though I think we log some warnings before doing that.

>>> ANdrus

returned as byte arrays instead of actual objects. Example:

returned value is a byte array.

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev