cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Re: ColumnSelect and java.time (Java 8)
Date Wed, 24 May 2017 14:31:33 GMT
My projects already have the cayenne-java8 dependency, and java.time.* classes work great with
regular queries, i.e. this will work fine:

LocalDateTime creationDate = ObjectSelect
		.query( User.class )
		.selectFirst( Jambalaya.newContext() )
		.creationDate();
Cheers,
- hugi

> On 24 May 2017, at 14:28, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
> You need to add cayenne-java8 dependency.
>
> Unfortunately the fallback behavior (treat unknown class as Serializable) is extremely
confusing. Though I think we log some warnings before doing that.

> ANdrus
>

>> On May 24, 2017, at 5:20 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> if I try to fetch Java 8 date objects using ColumnSelect, the values get returned
as byte arrays instead of actual objects. Example: