cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Best method to fetch a lot of objects
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 14:19:06 GMT
Oh, an BTW, link-move can be used for data migration. It already has the iterator encapsulated
and can transfer large data sets.

Andrus

> On May 19, 2017, at 4:27 PM, Pascal Robert <probert@druide.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m still in my FileMaker -> MySQL migration project. This time, I want to migrate
a FileMaker table who have 445 244 records in it. If I fetch everything into an object entity
for each row, I’m getting a Java heap space problem, which is somewhat expected by the size
of the result set.

> If I call setFetchLimit() with a 10 000 limit, works fine. FileMaker doesn’t support
fetch limits, so I can’t do something on that side.