cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Pascal Robert <prob...@druide.com>
Subject Duplicate pk when inserting into an empty table
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 14:10:45 GMT
Hi,

I’m using Cayenne 3.1.1 (moving from EOF) for a small project: migration data from FileMaker
to MySQL. I have one model with two data maps and two data nodes, one for FileMaker, the other
for MySQL.

Everything works fine, except one thing:

  java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Duplicate entry '753' for key ‘PRIMARY'

It seems that even if I commit changes after I set the new object, it tries to do a big commit
at the end. Code:

    SelectQuery select3 = new SelectQuery(Personnel.class);
    List<Personnel> employes = context.performQuery(select3);
    for (Personnel personnel: employes) {
      Employe employeMySQL = context.newObject(Employe.class);

      if (personnel != null) {
        employeMySQL.setMailing(personnel.getMailing());
        employeMySQL.setPersNom(personnel.getPersNom());
        context.commitChanges();
      }
    }

Personnel being an entity in FileMaker, Employe is the equivalent in MySQL. The primary key
in MySQL is an auto_increment field. The PK Generation Strategy is set to Database-Generated.
The table in MySQL doesn’t have any data (it was truncated before the inserts).