cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Re: ColumnSelect and java.time (Java 8)
Date Fri, 26 May 2017 12:37:39 GMT
Is it possible the fix broke something else? I'm now getting exceptions for queries that worked
this morning. I only see it happening in queries where i'm traversing to-many relationships
in the where-part of the query though. This method:

	public String number() {
		return ObjectSelect
			.query( BarCode.class )
			.column( BarCode.CODE )
			.where( BarCode.BAR_CODE_SKUS.dot( BarCodeSku.SKU ).eq( this ) )
			.selectFirst( getObjectContext() );
	}

(BarCode.CODE is a string)

Now causes this error:

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to org.apache.cayenne.DataRow
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.jdbc.DistinctResultIterator.checkNextUniqueRow(DistinctResultIterator.java:147)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.jdbc.DistinctResultIterator.checkNextRow(DistinctResultIterator.java:136)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.jdbc.DistinctResultIterator.<init>(DistinctResultIterator.java:74)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.jdbc.SelectAction.forSuppressedDistinct(SelectAction.java:236)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.jdbc.SelectAction.performAction(SelectAction.java:121)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataNodeQueryAction.runQuery(DataNodeQueryAction.java:97)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataNode.performQueries(DataNode.java:293)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction.runQuery(DataDomainQueryAction.java:471)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction.access$000(DataDomainQueryAction.java:72)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction$2.perform(DataDomainQueryAction.java:446)
	at org.apache.cayenne.tx.DefaultTransactionManager.performInTransaction(DefaultTransactionManager.java:87)
	at org.apache.cayenne.tx.DefaultTransactionManager.performInLocalTransaction(DefaultTransactionManager.java:59)
	at org.apache.cayenne.tx.DefaultTransactionManager.performInTransaction(DefaultTransactionManager.java:52)
	at org.apache.cayenne.tx.DefaultTransactionManager.performInTransaction(DefaultTransactionManager.java:40)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction.runQueryInTransaction(DataDomainQueryAction.java:443)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction.execute(DataDomainQueryAction.java:122)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onQueryNoFilters(DataDomain.java:564)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain$DataDomainQueryFilterChain.onQuery(DataDomain.java:748)
	at org.apache.cayenne.commitlog.CommitLogFilter.onQuery(CommitLogFilter.java:61)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain$DataDomainQueryFilterChain.onQuery(DataDomain.java:748)
	at org.apache.cayenne.tx.TransactionFilter.onQuery(TransactionFilter.java:49)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain$DataDomainQueryFilterChain.onQuery(DataDomain.java:748)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onQuery(DataDomain.java:556)
	at org.apache.cayenne.util.ObjectContextQueryAction.runQuery(ObjectContextQueryAction.java:382)
	at org.apache.cayenne.util.ObjectContextQueryAction.executePostCache(ObjectContextQueryAction.java:107)
	at org.apache.cayenne.util.ObjectContextQueryAction.execute(ObjectContextQueryAction.java:94)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.onQuery(DataContext.java:965)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.performQuery(DataContext.java:954)
	at org.apache.cayenne.BaseContext.select(BaseContext.java:307)
	at org.apache.cayenne.BaseContext.selectFirst(BaseContext.java:331)
	at org.apache.cayenne.query.ColumnSelect.selectFirst(ColumnSelect.java:660)
	at strimillinn.core.model.Sku.number(Sku.java:54)

Cheers,
- hugi

> On 26 May 2017, at 11:56, Nikita Timofeev <ntimofeev@objectstyle.com> wrote:
>
> Hi again,
>
> I've pushed fix for this issue.
> https://github.com/apache/cayenne/commit/eac1f31073045fec6eafef3f3fd6cb05f0201994
>
> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>> Thanks Nikita, at least I know I'm not doing anything wrong then :)
>>
>> - hugi
>>

>>> On 24 May 2017, at 14:52, Nikita Timofeev <ntimofeev@objectstyle.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Hugi,
>>>
>>> Seems like custom types are broken in ColumnSelect, I see this bug in
>>> my test too.

is specific to just the column select query, you may also need to switch to M6. IIRC there
were some issues in M5 with the behavior that you describe.

is extremely confusing. Though I think we log some warnings before doing that.

values get returned as byte arrays instead of actual objects. Example:

since the returned value is a byte array.