cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: ColumnSelect and java.time (Java 8)
Date Wed, 24 May 2017 14:31:53 GMT
Or .. if you already have cayenne-java8 in your app, and the problem is specific to just the
column select query, you may also need to switch to M6. IIRC there were some issues in M5
with the behavior that you describe.

Andrus

> On May 24, 2017, at 5:28 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
> You need to add cayenne-java8 dependency.
>
> Unfortunately the fallback behavior (treat unknown class as Serializable) is extremely
confusing. Though I think we log some warnings before doing that.

> ANdrus
>

>> On May 24, 2017, at 5:20 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> if I try to fetch Java 8 date objects using ColumnSelect, the values get returned
as byte arrays instead of actual objects. Example: