cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: DataView
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 18:48:38 GMT
Hi Adrian,

You haven't missed anything, other than the new Cayenne APIs :) DataViews development was
frozen back then, and to the best of my knowledge no one did any work on that.

Andrus

> On Mar 8, 2017, at 9:33 PM, Adrian Wiesmann <awiesmann@somap.org> wrote:
>
> Hi list
>
> Back in the times there was that thing called DataView. DataViews take care how a UI
should work with data from Cayenne. See https://cayenne.apache.org/docs/1.2/dataviews.html
for a quick reminder.

> Since things slowed down around v1.2 of Cayenne, I started to fork DataViews and integrated
them into what I called Gozer. While Gozer could render PDF and CSV, it first of all was meant
as the renderer for my Wicket based OSS app.

> I haven't worked with Cayenne in a while and am currently thinking about dusting off
Gozer (DataView) and bringing it up to date.

> Just a quick check so that I do not re-invent the wheel: Is there anything I missed in
the last few years regarding the DataViews or are there similar projects nowadays which I
should look at first?