cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Musall, Maik" <m...@selbstdenker.ag>
Subject Fetching lots of objects
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 21:25:15 GMT
Hi all,

I have a number of statistics functions which need to fetch large amounts of objects. I need
the actual DataObjects because that's where the business logic is that I need for the computations.

Let's say I need to fetch 300.000 objects. Let's also assume the database sits on a fast SSD
array and can serve multiple connections easily. I'm assuming in this case the CPU time needed
for DataObject instantiation is the main performance constraint. Is that correct?

If so, how can I speed this up? Could I partition my fetch, and fetch in several threads in
parallel into the same ObjectContext? Or is there an easier way to make use of multiple CPU
cores for this?

Thanks
Maik