cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: JCache/EHCache scope
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:47:16 GMT
JCache/EhCache implementation maintains a single "physical" cache object per Cayenne cache
group. It is shared between Cayenne shared cache and each one of the per-context local caches.
To distinguish the entries from say 2 ObjectContexts within the cache we use unique key prefixes.
When an ObjectContext goes away, its cache entries stay in the cache, but become effectively
inaccessible. They will eventually get removed or replaced with other entries by the cache,
depending on the cache settings.

Andrus