cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Þórðarson <hug...@icloud.com>
Subject Bug when doing joint prefetching on a to-many relationship using a fetch limit?
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2017 13:41:42 GMT
Hi all.
I’m getting some unexpected behaviour when applying a fetch limit and doing joint prefetching
on a to-many relationship. In short, the number of objects returned is always lower than the
actual fetch limit I set. Problem goes away if I do a disjoint prefetch or no prefetching
at all.

I created a tiny self-contained maven project that demonstrates the problem:

https://bitbucket.org/hugi/prefetch-dilemma

The source for the main class in that project (that can be run to show what happens):

https://bitbucket.org/hugi/prefetch-dilemma/src/master/src/main/java/prefetchdilemma/Main.java

Anyone run into this before?

Cheers,
- hugi