cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improper capitalization in StringUtils.capitalizedAsConstant()
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2017 15:38:21 GMT
There's no reason why another method couldn't be added.   StringUtils
was originally just a list of methods I found helpful.

StringUtils is a POJO (plain old java object) inserted into the
velocity context.   You can add other objects with your own custom
functions:

https://cayenne.apache.org/docs/3.0/cgen.html shows how it's
configured using ant (config nested parameter)

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 6:30 AM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I’m encountering what I believe can be called improper capitalization in Property name
creation when doing class generation. The problem is that if the capitalization method encounters
several uppercase characters in a row, it will treat them as a single substring with the following
lowercase characters.

> Example: I have an attribute called “uniqueIDFromSystem”. The Property generated
is called UNIQUE_IDFROM_SYSTEM but should probably be called UNIQUE_ID_FROM_SYSTEM.

> I’m guessing changing this behaviour is not acceptable since it will probably break
older code? If so, is there any way for me to hook into the class generation mechanism to
introduce my own “fixed” property name generating method, or could we add a second fixed
method to StringUtils?