cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Re: Creating a fault for an ObjectId
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 15:45:16 GMT
It can be useful in some cases—one example is if you want to be able to pass objects around
in an API without triggering a DB fetch unless they are actually used.

Cheers,
- hugi

> On 15. feb. 2017, at 15:28, Amedeo Mantica <amedeomantica@me.com> wrote:
>
> no worries, but I cannot understand your goal, why do you want to get the fault ?
>
>> On 15 Feb 2017, at 16:25, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Ken, but the immediate fetch performed by Cayenne.objectForPk is precisely
what I’d like to avoid.

>> Cheers,
>> - hugi
>>
>> S: Amedeo, sorry about calling you “Amadeo” in my last post. I have been properly
lambasted.

>>> On 15. feb. 2017, at 15:20, Ken Anderson <ken.anderson@amphorainc.com>
wrote:

>>> I do this:
>>>
>>> dataObject = (DataObject) Cayenne.objectForPK(getObjectContext(), MyEntity.class,
oid);

>>> But it will do the fetch if it’s not already in cache.
>>>
>>> Ken
>>>
>>> Ken Anderson
>>> CTO Amphora, Inc.
>>> Mobile:   +1 914 262 8540
>>>

>>> www.amphorainc.com <http://www.amphorainc.com/>
>>>

>>> On 2/15/17, 9:59 AM, "Hugi Thordarson" <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Thanks Amadeo, but I ended up creating a method that looks like this. It would
be nice to get some feedback on it, if I’m violating any Cayenne Commandments.

>>>  /**
>>>   * @return An existing object or fault if registered with the OC, otherwise
creates a new hollow object based on the given ObjectId.
>>>   */
>>>  public static Persistent faultForObjectId( ObjectContext oc, ObjectId objectId
) {
>>>  Persistent object = (Persistent) oc.getGraphManager().getNode( objectId );
>>>
>>>  if( object == null ) {
>>>  ClassDescriptor descriptor = oc.getEntityResolver().getClassDescriptor(objectId.getEntityName());
>>>
>>>  object = (Persistent) descriptor.createObject();
>>>
>>>  object.setPersistenceState(PersistenceState.HOLLOW);
>>>  object.setObjectContext(oc);
>>>  object.setObjectId(objectId);
>>>
>>>  oc.getGraphManager().registerNode(objectId, object);
>>>  }
>>>
>>>  return object;
>>>  }
>>>
>>>  Cheers,
>>>  - hugi

I do this?

in CayenneContext seems to get me halfway there, but it will not return an existing fault,
only create new ones.

>>> Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and accompanying documents contain confidential
information intended for a specific individual and purpose. This e-mailed information is private
and protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, or distribution, or the taking of any action based on the contents
of this information, is strictly prohibited.