cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Using multiple Db connections to single Database
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2017 18:28:16 GMT
Hi Alexander,

I'm not sure which connection feature (DataSource Factory) you are using to
connect to the DB (Driver, JNDI, or DBCP), but all three of those use a
connection pooling mechanism.  When you ask an Object/Data Context to
perform a query or commit changes, it borrows a connection from the
connection pool, does some SQL, then returns the connection back to the
pool where it can be re-used later. If you don't have multiple simultaneous
query/commit changes occurring across multiple Object/Data Contexts, it
makes perfect sense to see one connection get used a lot (really depends on
the connection pooling mechanism, though) and the others to be idle.  This
is working as-designed.  If you starting doing more things in parallel,
you'll see more connections get used.

mrg