cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject [ANN] Cayenne 4.0.M4 is released
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2016 18:44:07 GMT
Very glad to announce a new 4.0 milestone release. It was a great collaborative effort that
includes a number of important things. So thanks to everybody who was involved in it. So M4...

* Stabilizes database reverse-engineering tools for DB-first ORM flow.
* Plugs holes and omissions in the fluent query API.
* Expands encryption capabilities to all data types.
* Improves transaction management API.
* Provides alternative binary protocols for ROP, greatly improving its performance.
* Includes a new Modeler welcome screen.
* Fixes numerous bugs, updates docs, etc., etc.

We are hoping to squash any potential scope creep and turn the next release into a "beta".
In the meantime everyone is welcome to use M4. We use it in production ourselves, so you can
do too :)

Links:

1. Full release announcement: http://cayenne.apache.org/2016/12/cayenne-40M4-released.html
2. Get the latest Cayenne: http://cayenne.apache.org/download.html (and of course it is in
Maven Central too)
3. Upgrade instructions: https://github.com/apache/cayenne/blob/4.0.M4/docs/doc/src/main/resources/UPGRADE.txt
(what's not mentioned there is that you need to reopen your projects in the new CayenneModeler
to let it do a few minor XML upgrades).

Enjoy!
Andrus