cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Mark Wardle <m...@wardle.org>
Subject Batch iteration
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2016 19:29:00 GMT
I’m using ResultBatchIterator like this:

Consumer<T> forEach = ...
try (ResultBatchIterator<T> iterator = query.batchIterator(context, batchSize)) {
			for(List<T> batch : iterator) {
				for (T c : batch) {
					forEach.accept(c);
				}
			}
		}

but I also want to do some processing, inserting rows, editing objects etc. I see lots of
SQL in my logs, but the transaction doesn’t get committed until the batch iterator completes,
whether I use context.commitChanges() or context.performGenericQuery() on some custom SQL
created using SQLTemplate.

Is there a way of committing the transaction earlier, or should I use a peer object context?
Is there an easy of getting a new peer editing context given a single object context or do
I need to inject a ServerRuntime here?

Thank you,

Mark