cayenne-user mailing list archives

From fael <peter.hv...@jamesinnes.com>
Subject Re: Erratic AshwoodEntitySorter NPE on Latest Snapshot
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2016 13:14:59 GMT
Hi Ari,

I have never actually tried running on 4.0.M3 - have been on a
4.0.M3-SNAPSHOT that I built a couple times earlier in the year.

I experienced the problem on 4.0.M2 and my 4.0.M3-SNAPSHOT builds -
specifically with Cayenne auto_pk_support it manifested as a NPE.

I recently switched to database-generated keys and this now manifests as the
'Master Key' error I mentioned in my last post.

It appears to be exactly the same issue - attempting to insert a child
before its parent has been inserted (thus having a primary key to satisfy
the child's foreign key constraint).

The issue occurs very infrequently when I'm running my web apps locally and
far more frequently (almost every time) I deploy to my production server.
This has me constantly re-deploying, rolling the dice, to get lucky and not
experience the issue.

Locally I'm on Windows 10 64-bit, Oracle Java 8 64-bit (latest JRE + JDK),
Jetty 8.1.14.v20131031.

On production it's Amazon Web Services' Elastic Beanstalk - Tomcat container
- so that's Amazon Linux, Tomcat 8 and Java 8. I also saw it occurring quite
frequently on Ubuntu Server 14.04, Jetty 9 and OpenJDK 8.

It seems to happen more frequently now I'm using database-generated primary
keys.

As per your suggestion - I will try deploy to production using 4.0.M3 and
report back with more info.

Thanks again!
Peter