cayenne-user mailing list archives

From fael <peter.hv...@jamesinnes.com>
Subject [4.0M3-SNAPSHOT] Modeller and UNSIGNED BIGINT
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2016 13:05:07 GMT
Hello all,

I was using Cayenne's baked in AUTO_PK_SUPPORT up till very recently.

Have now switched to use database-generated keys - I'm using the MySQL
driver.

My keys are all defined in MySQL as BIGINT(20) UNSIGNED NOT NULL
AUTO_INCREMENT.

Foreign key fields are defined as BIGINT(20) UNSIGNED (sometimes NOT NULL).

I was really pleased to see that for new DbEntity items when I correctly set
the PK Generation Strategy an 'AUTO_INCREMENT' is added to the generated SQL
when migrating!!

I did hit a wall when trying to set a DbEntity attribute type to be
specifically an UNSIGNED BIGINT; can't seem to do this and therefore can't
use the modeller to migrate for my UNSIGNED BIGINT.

Even if this may not be something worth adding in - I wondered whether there
was any way I might override or configure to achieve this.

Many thanks,
Peter