cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Bamboo vs. Jenkins for Cayenne, other projects
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2016 01:39:15 GMT
On 10/09/2016 12:00am, rzeigler@asuragen.com wrote:
> Sorry for the slightly off-topic post, but the combined wisdom and experience of this
group is substantial.

> Cayenne is using Apache’s JIRA + Apache’s Jenkins installs despite the availability
of Bamboo infrastructure at Apache. My question: what (if any) are the reasons Cayenne has
stayed with Jenkins rather than migrating to bamboo? We have a similar setup locally and are
considering a Bamboo migration, but the number of apache projects with JIRA + Jenkins instead
of JIRA + Bamboo makes me wonder about Bamboo.

Many years ago I migrated from Bamboo to Jenkins (nee Hudson). I did so for the significantly
better ecosystem of plugins.

I think the better question is: why would we put effort into moving to Bamboo? Does it give
us anything we don't have?

Which reminds me: we should fix the excessive logging which kills travis [1]. We could get
mysql, mariadb, postgresql testing there. I got a bit stuck between maven and Cayenne's logging.

[1] https://travis-ci.org/apache/cayenne

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis