cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: EJBQL limit
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2016 07:14:16 GMT
Yes, the main (only?) place I've used it myself is for COUNT, SUM type features. But I'm interested
in what is needed for ObjectSelect to catch up to the common use cases. And also where people
see the line between SQLTemplate and EJBQL.

Ari

On 15/08/2016 5:04pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> EJBQL is more feature rich - aggregation, arithmetic operations, subqueries, functions.
So while I rarely use it myself, I can easily see use cases.

> Andrus

limit on an EJBQLQuery, but it seems that this will just limit the size of the resultset generated
by the query, not the SQL generation (resulting in huge execution times for large queries).

>>> Yeah, the way it is implemented is not particularly efficient. The limit functionality
is external to the syntax, and hence doesn't make it to the generated SQL. We can either patch
EJBQL, or wait for the bright future when EJBQL and ObjectSelect and made one :)

>>> Andrus
>>

>> Out of interest Hugi, why are you using EJBQL? Is this legacy code moved to Cayenne
and this was the easiest way forward? Or are there features of Cayenne's incomplete EJBQL
implementation you like better than the other SQL Template or ObjectSelect api?

>> Ari
>>

>> --
>> Aristedes Maniatis

Aristedes Maniatis