cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject cayenne-crypto enhancements
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 09:15:58 GMT
Been working on a new ORM project that is using cayenne-crypto and got a chance to address
the shortcomings of the initial implementation. The main one being the inability to map data
types other than byte[] to (VAR)BINARY columns. Per CAY-2103 [1] it is now possible to map
encrypted columns to numbers, Strings, etc. I'd like to thank Andrei Tomashpolskiy [2] for
his pull requests for this task.

A few more enhancements are forthcoming. Namely an optional HMAC that ensures data integrity
[3]. Will also take a closer look at performance.

Also planning to eventually open-source a Bootique module that helps to setup Cayenne-crypto
in a Bootique app (probably after Cayenne 4.0.M4 becomes official).

In the meantime I wanted to ask the community about your experiences with cayenne-crypto.
Perhaps there are other pain points that we need to address?

Andrus

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-2103
[2] https://github.com/atomashpolskiy
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-2109