cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: EJBQL: Arithmetic operations
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2016 15:31:41 GMT
Ah yeah, now checking the code I am starting to remember. Arithmetic expressions are not allowed
in SELECT clause, only in WHERE. There's no real reason for it other then us initially basing
EJBQL parser on some early JPA spec that probably didn't support it. We need to add it to
the parser. For now it won't work.

Andrus

> On Aug 15, 2016, at 5:49 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>
> Hi Andrus,
>
>> On 15. ágú. 2016, at 06:30, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Hugi,
>>
>> Sorry for delayed reply. I swear we had the BNF for EJBQL in the docs, but apparently
we don't. Here is the closest thing to it - a JavaCC grammar:

>> https://github.com/apache/cayenne/blob/master/cayenne-server/src/main/jjtree/org/apache/cayenne/ejbql/EJBQLParser.jjt
>>
>> We do support simple arithmetic operations. Search for 'arithmetic_' clauses in the
.jjt.

> I’m not as smart as you think—I haven’t touched JavaCC grammar before, though I
could figure it out but I don’t see how to do this :). Can you tell me how I can do something
equivalent to “select e.price*e.quantity from Entry e”?