cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: EJBQL limit
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2016 06:38:53 GMT

> On Aug 14, 2016, at 4:39 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>
> Hi all!
> Does Cayenne’s EJBQL support LIMIT expressions? I see I can set a fetch limit on an
EJBQLQuery, but it seems that this will just limit the size of the resultset generated by
the query, not the SQL generation (resulting in huge execution times for large queries).

> Cheers,
> - hugi

Yeah, the way it is implemented is not particularly efficient. The limit functionality is
external to the syntax, and hence doesn't make it to the generated SQL. We can either patch
EJBQL, or wait for the bright future when EJBQL and ObjectSelect and made one :)

Andrus